topbella

วันเสาร์ที่ 23 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2559

Learning Log 3 (22/07/2016)


          I joined the seminar of my major. The lecturer is Professor Dr.Budsaba Kanoksilapatham from Silpakorn University. I've learnt about Linguistics and Language Teaching. First, I learnt skills that every teacher needs to have. There were teaching methods/pedagogy and linguistic competence. Then, I learnt phonetics and phonology. The lecturer taught me how to produce the letter h, the consonant sounds (think, thank, them, the), and the vowel sounds (guess, said, bread, friend, full-fool, back-bag). Next, I did the pre-test examination about intonation. After that the lecturer showed me how to stress the words from the pre-test examination. For instance, amaze, jealous, average, catastrophe, idealistic, complementary, etc. Then, I learnt about morphology. I knew the collocations such as black and white. I also learnt about syntax such as subjunctive vs indicative mood (It is necessary that he be punctual.). Then, I learnt pragmatics that was cross cultural pragmatics. For example, your boss told you that it is time for you to get a new watch! It meant you were late! After that, I knew about sociolinguistics that was using language in the different situation such as Hi! What's up? vs Good morning! Next, I learnt about lexical semantics.  I realized British English and American English. For example, flat and apartment were the same meaning but flat was British English and apartment was American English. Moreover, I learnt about shades of meaning such as to surprise was less intensed than to astound. Then, I learnt about discourse that was written vs spoken language in English, I also learnt about corpus linguistics. After that, I learnt about linguistic research skills as well. It was about subject-verb agreement. Furthermore, I knew some technique that made me good at learning. It was hear-forget, see-remember, do-learn. Importantly, I could apply all of the information from Professor Dr.Budsaba Kanoksilapatham to develop my English skills and use it in the future.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น